FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING on all Canada-wide orders $149+

Sleep is the basic essential of any human being, yet a countless number of adults suffer from the lack of it. According to a survey administered by the National Sleep Foundation, 50 to 70 million adults in North America experience insomnia on a regular basis. To put that into perspective, that’s an estimated 40% of adults who will experience sleep disorder at some point of their lives, while 15% of all adults suffer from chronic insomnia.

If you have found it difficult falling asleep as of recently, you are not alone. With so many reported cases of insomnia on the rise, many look to one unorthodox yet perfectly reasonable solution – cannabis. Insomnia has been around forever, troubling adults with their sleep schedules and affecting their daytime lifestyle. While marijuana has always been around, it hasn’t been legalized until late 2018, where it was then produced and consumed under stringent regulations.

Whether you experience chronic sleep difficulties or just want to completely kick back, marijuana’s therapeutic properties could be your answer. Providing relief for those with chronic pain, anxiety, or other negative conditions, the benefits of marijuana are becoming more and more well-known to the Northern hemisphere.

How Does Cannabis Help Us Sleep?

Depending on the strain of cannabis, some are calming to the mind while some can make you feel focused and more energetic. With that in mind, choosing the right strain for sleep isn’t as difficult as it seems. The dispensaries of today are unlike those of yesterday where weed is just weed and not much else is known. When shopping for marijuana, dispensaries usually list the strains and flavour profiles of different products to help direct buyers to find what they desire. 

There are two specific types of cannabis you should be looking for if you are using it for sleep purposes. Namely, cannabis products with high CBD content and indica cannabis strains. We will go through each in the below sections.

Strains That Contain High CBD Content

Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a compound dominant in marijuana plants yielding a number of health benefits, is non-psychoactive, and can ultimately help you fall asleep. Its counterpart, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is a psychoactive cannabinoid, and is primarily responsible for the “high” feeling associated with cannabis. Consumers have been enjoying the best of both worlds for years now as each variation offers its own unique benefits. 

The use of CBD before sleep can help the user reach a “deep state” of sleep, otherwise known as rapid eye movement (REM), much faster than usual. It also becomes harder for the user to be woken up by internal forces, which would commonly affect those with insomniac tendencies.

The Nature of Indica Cannabis

There could be two or three types of cannabis strains depending on who you ask. Undeniably, the two most world-renowned types are indicas and sativas, while the third one are hybrids.

Indica strains, as mentioned above, have the tendency of setting the user into a heavy state, letting them fully relax and feel comfortable in their space. Sativa, on the other hand, makes the user’s mind become more active and concentrated, allowing them to confidently socialize with friends and attend to activities. The third type of cannabis strain, known as hybrids, is basically a mix between sativa and indica strains, and varies between the percentage of each. For example, you might find a hybrid strain that is “70% indica dominant”, meaning that the other 30% is sativa.

Whether you smoke or ingest your marijuana, that’s a whole other topic. Similar to comparing CBD and Indica, both have their own unique beneficial properties that can bring you the relief you desire. 

Unsurprisingly, the cannabis choice for sleep is anything of the indica strain. Popular products include Pink Star, Blueberry Kush, and others of the like. If you have any questions about which cannabis product is best for helping you sleep, feel free to contact our Customer Support Team!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cart

Log in

Create an Account
Back to Top